Category Archives: Office Life

Songs and Psalms and Stuff

This gallery contains 1 photo.

When I was 20, my family – parents, brother, sister and I – went ‘back to the old country’ for a visit. It was a joy to see my grandparents again, and we had some fun visiting relatives, especially my … Continue reading

More Galleries | Tagged , , , | 2 Comments

More than Halfway Through November

Help! I’m drowning… well, not really. But I am feeling kind of schizophrenic – as a writer, that is. On impulse, I signed up for the write-a-novel-in-the-month-of-November challenge without planning to. I had no delightful ideas of what to write, … Continue reading

More Galleries | Tagged , , | 2 Comments

Liar, Liar

Are you an honest person? I like to think I am, and you probably do, too. How then do we account for the statistic – presented by Robert S. Feldman, PhD, author of “The Liar in Your Life” – that … Continue reading

More Galleries | Tagged , , | 2 Comments

The Power of Words Never Diminishes

It’s not what you say, it’s how you say it. Watch this You Tube clip by purplecontent. Copy and paste this link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hzgzim5m7oU For those of you who are leery of opening uncertain links, I will describe the video. Music … Continue reading

More Galleries | Tagged , , , , , | Leave a comment

Who doesn’t want to think better?

If Albert Einstein used only 9.8% of his brain and the the average human uses 3% or 4% (according to http://www.wiki.answers.com) what is going on with the other 96% or 97%? I don’t know the answer to that and, rather … Continue reading

More Galleries | Tagged , , , | Leave a comment

Are you a good listener?

Yes, I think so, you say to yourself. If you asked me that question a few years ago, that would have been my answer, too. Why? Well, because I have very good hearing. I’m intelligent, well-educated, polite and attentive when … Continue reading

More Galleries | Tagged , | Leave a comment

Calling all writers and editors…

Want to produce powerful purposeful prose? Business writing, too – I just couldn’t resist a touch of alliteration. Here are some great tips from Mike Duerksen, who blogs at NonprofitPR, and shared this 18-point checklist with readers on Ragan.com. Before … Continue reading

Posted in Communication, Writing & Editing | Tagged , | Leave a comment