Advent means that I…
- Accept -> that I need a Saviour, a redeemer, a shepherd, a Lord
- Decide -> to let Jesus be who He is, to me, in me and through me
- Venture -> into the season with a spirit prepared to welcome Jesus
- Examine -> my heart and not just my home, for clutter and debris, and anything that hinders my relationship with Him
- Nullify -> the power of things that keep me from putting Jesus first (like, the expectations of others)
- Treasure -> the only One worth knowing and loving, now and forever – Jesus Christ. He is mine, and I am His.
Will you join me in welcoming the King of Kings, Lord of Lords, Alpha and Omega, Jesus Christ?
Enjoy this reverent reflection on Who Jesus Is…
I missed this, somehow, Vera. But, it applies to the beginning of the year just as well. Yes, I am ready! Now, I need to follow through. ❤
It’s a new year and time to make some positive changes. Instead of a detailed list of goals and aspirations, I’m being more general – doing more of what’s right and good and helpful, thus reducing what isn’t. One key goal is to move more – these long winters are killers and, as someone at work said, sitting is the new smoking and I sit all day 😦 Hope 2016 is a good year for you and yours Beth 🙂