I was recently nominated for the Liebster by lovely fellow blogger Ariffa at hhh4u. Like her, I am grateful to God for blessing me with the gift of writing and guiding me in ways to share this with others. I am grateful to my readers, followers, and commenters – online friends far flung around the globe. My heart’ s desire it offer you something~ inspiration, encouragement, hope, a helpful scripture, shared experiences to celebrate or commiserate, or perhaps a warning… Life is for sharing and I gladly do this with you all.
Here are the rules for the Liebster award:
“1. You must link back the person who nominated you.
2. You must answer the 10 Liebster questions given to you by the person who nominated you.
3. You must pick 10 bloggers to be nominated for the award with under 200 followers.
4. You must come up with 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
5. You must go to their blogs and notify your nominees. “
Sooo, here I go!:
Ten Questions for my Nominees (my answers to hhh4u)
1) Why did you feel the need to start a blog? God gave me the gift of words and I want to honour Him and reach out to others in helpful encouraging ways.
2) Sunsets or Sunrises? Sunsets. Relaxing at the end of the day is more satisfying to me. I’m too busy in the mornings to appreciate the sunrise (exception: camping on M Island – that was beautiful)
3) What is the last good movie that you have seen? I don’t go to the movies too often. I buy DVDs I like and rewatch them often. My fave is “Facing the Giants”. Highly recommended.
4) How would you describe compassion? Trying to see people through the eyes of Jesus; he loved the ones who killed him because he understood their weaknesses, needs and wounds. Compassion is not judging by what we see, but knowing there is much we don’t know, and accepting people as they are, then praying for them.
5) What is your favorite animal and why? Hmm… I will say the modest house cat – because I used to have one. A cat is independent, discerning in its affections but loyal once giving them. Good company with few demands.
6) What is your favorite movie quote? Life is like a box of chocolates; you never know what you’re going to get. Forrest Gump.
7) What is your ideal vacation? Somewhere warm but not too hot; quiet with stunning scenery. Swimming, good food, the option to socialize or bask in solitude.
8) What was your childhood dream? I honestly can’t remember… but I loved reading since I was 5 and writing since I was 11. Forty years later, I’m still doing both!
9) If you could have a superpower, what would it be and why? If you asked me 20 years ago, I’d say ‘to be invisible’. Now, I would not want a super power; life is challenging enough with senses. God knows everything and that’s good enough for me 🙂
10) Do you enjoying dancing, even if you think you don’t know how? With the right music playing, yes, I like dancing. Old 1960s rock songs get me moving 🙂
Here’s where I fail – I do not know of 10 blogs that qualify for the Liebster Award (the few I follow have more than 200 followers and so don’t qualify). I discovered a new one today and added it. But – I don’t want to leave this any longer. So here are my nominees – read and enjoy them, as I do!
http://hopehonorandhappiness.com/2013/08/23/the-liebster-award/ Thank you Ariffa!
Thank you Vera – it was generous of you to include me. I will try to honor this by doing the same.
I love your responses! Congrats on your award ;).
Thank you and congrats to you. Great answers there. 🙂 x
Vera, I am going to reciprocate in my post on Friday. I hope I get this right, thank you again!